POSTS

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mini Kiwifruit Muffins

We bought a tray of kiwifruits as my daughter loves them. Unfortunately, but not surprisingly, they were over ripe (i know, i know, thats what you get when you buy a tray).
I was already planning to cook some muffins with my daughter so i decided instead to make kiwifruit muffins. I did a quick online search and actually there are quite a few recipes out there so I perused and decided what ingredients I would use.
I wanted to make them on the healthy side so i used part wholemeal flour and natural yoghurt.



The final product I thought was delicious, they didn't rise much so the muffin was quite dense but very moist and still soft. My only criticism is the sugar - i used 1/2 cup as often kiwifruit is on the tart side but in this case 1/4 cup would have been sufficient.
My husband took them to work (so that i didn't eat too many!) and he said he had a mixed response, some loved them but they were not to every ones taste.


Mini Kiwifruit Muffins Recipe (makes 36 mini muffins)


 50g margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup natural yoghurt
1/2 tsp vanilla paste
1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1/2 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup pureed ripe kiwifruit (about 4) 


Cream butter and sugar
- Beat in the egg well, followed by yoghurt and vanilla until just combined
- Mix dry ingredients and fold through
- Fold through the kiwifruit
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 25 mins

5 comments:

  1. What an unusual flavor! I'm trying to thinknabout whether vie tried a kiwifruit flavored cake before or not! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a nice way to use your ripe kiwis. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These really sound delicious. Kiwis are difficult to find at this time of year but I think I know a market where might be able to get them. I really want to bake these. They are unusual enough to be interesting. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE KIWIFRUIT!
    But I never, ever thought to use them in a cake or muffin before. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment