POSTS

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Nigella's Chorizo and Chickpea Stew

Yet another recipe from Nigella Kitchen! I cooked this Chorizo and Chickpea Stew for dinner last night.
It was a simple dish to make, and very quick.



The interesting part was the bulgar wheat. It is cooked by heating up some olive oil and browning some broken spaghetti before adding the bulgar, some ground cinnamon, salt and bay leaves. Add the water and cook uncovered on low for 15 minutes. I really liked it and the coarse texture was great. In the time the bulgar was cooking you could prepare and cook the stew.
The stew itself was very hearty. The flavours were nice and comforting but not amazing. The star of the show was of course the delicious chorizo. I decided to add the peas to cater for our need for green vegetables. I would cook this again for an easy dinner on a cold night!

3 comments:

  1. Mmm I love chorizo in just about anything! It adds so much flavour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really promising! I love bulgur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried that combo but sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment