POSTS

Friday, June 3, 2011

Lamb Korma


Last week on the gorgeous blog Manu's Menu I immediately loved this recipe for Lamb Korma. Not only does it look delicious but it also has amazing step-by-step photos so you get it right!


I really love curries and am continuously trying to improve on my cooking of them. 
You start by making the almond masala which is a blend of almonds, garlic, ginger, chilli, and cumin. The lamb (I used chops cut into pieces) is browned and then removed. 
You cook the whole spices in the same oil followed by the onion. 


In goes the almond masala and once that is looking amazing yoghurt is slowly incorporated. Finally the lamb goes back in along with cream and salt. This is left to simmer for 1 hour. At that point you add sultanas and garam masala and let it simmer for about 30 minutes longer.


This tasted truly delicious, the sultanas add so much more then you could imagine. Its an ingredient I had never used in a curry before. It was spicy and creamy with a touch of sweetness. The lamb was falling of the bone and melted in your mouth.


I also cooked some chapatti to go with our korma using this recipe


I kneaded the dough for about 10 minutes before making little balls and rolling as thin as I could. They were cooked on a super hot dry pan and puffed up quite well. 


They tasted really delicious and were the perfect accompaniment.


11 comments:

  1. Lamb Korma is my husband's absolute favorite Indian dish! I must admit that I've only ever used packaged spice mixes. But your photo of the spices in a pan makes preparing homemade masala so much easier than I thought. I'll have to give this recipe a look! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to make those chapatti to go along with my next curry dish. They look so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh thanks for this post and for your lovely words! Your korma looks really good and I am so happy you enjoyed it! :-)

    I'll have to try and make those chapatis too, they look real good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Manu's korma looked delicious I agree and so does this! I don't cook enough Indian food at home although I do love eating it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Never made kurma with lamb before! My hubby loves lamb and this will be perfect for tomorrow's dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I am so impressed with your daily adventurous cooking and eating. Chapatis are yum, one of my favourite flatbreads. These look perfect. As does the korma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've regretfully never tried this recipe..It's absolutely mouth watering!Thanks for posting! Wish you a great weekend!XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good, and the chapatis too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never had korma, but I can imagine how good those sultanas would be, I love adding them to savoury dishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe you also cooked chapatti! Go you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great flavours, this sounds so tasty!

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment